Monday

Carl Sandburg Home

On my way back from Jason's I stopped at the Carl Sandburg House in Flat Rock, NC.  It's closer to Brevard than it is to Asheville and I had thought about going there this summer but never got around to it.  For those who don't know (like me, before I went to his house) Carl Sandburg is a famous poet.  He won three Pulitzer Prizes in his day.  In 1945 Sandburg moved to the estate connemara, which is today, the Carl Sandburg House, a National Historic Site.  Tours of the house are given for $5 or you can walk one of the many trails around the property for free.  There were lots of people out on the trails yesterday and every one of them was super friendly.  Something about North Carolina, I guess.  I remember the same thing happening in Pisgah.


1 comment:

  1. Looks like a beautiful place. We'll have to take a tour next time we come down.

    ReplyDelete