Sunday

Obama sighting?


Nope, I definitely didn't see them. Instead, I saw this---bumper to bumper traffic lined up outside the Asheville Regional Airport. Still exciting...in it's own way. Turns out the Obamas and I had the same plan for this weekend. Only when I visit places, I don't shut down whole roads (or get private tours of the Biltmore Estate). But no matter! I made it to the hippie, mountain town by 2pm and promptly fell in love. Walking down Haywood street, I saw a girl blowing bubbles and twirling hula-hoops on her arms (each in a different direction, mind you!), later a guy in a Subaru station wagon drove by blaring Yeasayer out his window. Could it get any cooler? The little town in the middle of the mountains has me sold!

1 comment:

  1. to answer your question:

    it probably couldn't get any cooler,

    unless i was the driver of the station wagon.

    ReplyDelete