Wednesday

Waterfall Trivia



Looking Glass Falls is the most popular and most photographed waterfall in Western North Carolina (probably because it is so easily accessible--located right off the main road winding through the Pisgah National Forest). The waterfall is 60 feet tall and named because of its resemblance to a "looking glass". During the winter months the water freezes and when the sun glistens off of it, it looks just like a mirror (supposedly). I took this picture on my way back up the mountain tonight after running some errands in Brevard.

3 comments:

  1. totally gonna conquer this waterfall in my kayak. get ready.

    also - pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally not seeing how that could EVER look like a looking glass but it is pretty sweet...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! I am verryyy skeptical.

    ReplyDelete